An amazingly refreshing lime soda with a hint of lime a much recognized visual appeal, the brand takes people back to a pleasant time in their life - a time of corner soda fountains and drive-in movies.
Green River Soda Features:
- Green River always comes to mind when you think of nostalgic sodas
- Green River has the sweet taste of a lollipop
- With its green color it is especially popular around St. Patrick's Day
- "First for Thirst Since 1919" reads Green River's famous tagline
- Sweetened with 100% cane sugar
- 12 ounce glass bottles
History of Green River
Green River soda was introduced to Midwestern drinkers in 1919, just as Congress was passing the18th Amendment establishing Prohibition. The Schoenhofen Edelweiss Brewing Company of Chicago turned to Green River. The lime based soda with a hint of lemon was poured into old beer bottles and sold in the market. With the vivid green color and great flavor, It was an immediate success. Green River was a big hit for decades as soda fountain syrup, trailing only Coca Cola in popularity in the midwest. Al Jolson even recorded a song about Green River due to its success.