Dad's Old Fashioned Root Beer is America's Premium Root Beer. Dad's Old Fashioned Root Beer matches flavors of birch and sassafras with a heavy wintergreen nose. Lightly carbonated with a nice foamy head and a bit of a bite in each swallow.
Dad's Old Fashioned Root Beer Features:
- Dad's is one of America's most popular soft drinks
- The perfect root beer for chugging on a hot summer day
- Essential ingredients are still wintergreen, licorice, and vanilla
- Makes great root beer floats
- Developed in Chicago in February of 1937
- Caffeine Free
- Sweetened with Cane Sugar
- 12 ounce glass bottles
Dad's Root Beer was developed in the 1930s by partners Barney Berns and Ely Klapman, in the basement of Mr. Klapman's Chicago-area home. It was named Dad's in honor of Ely Klapman's father, and other fathers, who commonly made root beer at home for their families during that era. The Dad's brand was immediately famous throughout the midwest area and by the late 1940s, was one of the most-consumed brands of Root Beer throughout the United States. Dad's Old Fashioned Root Beer is one of America's Premium Root Beers with a loyal following. Dad's Root Beer remains the flagship product of The Dad's Root Beer Company of Jasper, Indiana, but Dad's has introduced new flavors over the past 100 years.